Last year we made a grave mistake when we scheduled the doc sprint in Amsterdam to follow the Fronteers conference. As Scott Rowe mentioned in his blog post, Amsterdam is a great city. Well, it seems that most people found the city a little too great (that is, partied a bit too hard during and after the Fronteers conference) to make it to the doc sprint. And we don’t blame you!
So for this year, the party starts at the Doc Sprint! The day before the Fronteers Conference, the 8th of October, when everybody is still full of energy, Indivirtual will host a fantastic day of pushing the web forward, meeting new people, and learning even more than you already know about the web! Come collaborate with us on ideas and problems and help build a better Web Platform with the best technical documentation for the web community.
Join us the day before Fronteers
Will you be in Amsterdam for the Fronteers conference? Will you be visiting the city for work? Do you live here? Will you be in Amsterdam on holiday? If you can answer yes to any of these and want to meet-up with fellow front-end developers, join us for the second Amsterdam Web Platform Doc Sprint (#WPDS). The sprint will take place right inside the main office of Endemol, in the GTST-room, 30 minutes by train from Amsterdam Central Station. There will be experts from the Web Platform Stewards (Jake Archibald, Martin Beeby and Mathias Bynens) as well as the community (Rodney Rehm, Christian Schaefer and me, Paul Verbeek) that provide introductory talks and ideas on what to work on.
You can choose to write documentation, add some examples or best practices, fix typos or organize information better, or just hang out with us and leave an excellent impression of yourself.
Is this interesting for me, regardless of whether I’m a beginner or expert?
Yes! Whether you are new to the web or a pro; whether or not you are already a member of the web platform community; if you haven’t used WPD at all; heck, even if you don’t know what WPD is; you’ll find use in attending. The doc sprint is valuable for everybody.
- If you’re new to the web community or new to Web Platform Docs, we’ll help you get started contributing to the documentation. This is a great way to learn about web development and meet other web professionals.
- If you’re an old pro on the web but new to Web Platform Docs, you’ll easily get up to speed and start contributing your expertise to the benefit of the whole community. Maybe you can add knowledge about edge cases. Perhaps you want to see some robust samples for your area of interest.
- If you’re coming to Amsterdam for the Fronteers conference, drop by the doc sprint for a few hours or the whole day and start your networking a little early.
- If you’re already a member of WebPlatform.org, just jump right in and start contributing. And, please come help people new to the project
- We’ll have specific areas of content for you to work on, and if you have other content that you want to contribute or other projects that you want to work on, you’re certainly welcome to do that, too.
- Did I mention that we’re giving things away?
Free lunch, giveaways and drinks – all day
We will provide comfy seating, power, WiFi, a plan what to work on and of course we will feed you over the day. There will also be swag and a bunch of great raffle prizes provided by the Web Platform Stewards!
Fronteers Jam Session to finish the day
We’ll stop at 19:00 and take the train back to Amsterdam Central. From there everybody can go and grab a bite to eat and go straight to the Fronteers Jam Session, to finish the day with beer and lightning talks!
See you at the Doc Sprint!