You shouldn’t text while driving, but you should text while designing, and CSS3 puts the power in your hands to text with style! This week’s Web Platform Wednesday focuses on the properties from two related CSS Level 3 specifications: the CSS Text Module and the CSS Text Decoration Module.
Some of these properties will need attention by experts familiar with Asian languages, but some of them are purely visual… and hot! Help us complete these properties, and get the CSS Firestarter badge, available only to those who contribute to Web Platform Wednesdays.
The topics this week are a variety of text properties: text-wrapping, white-space, justification and alignment, spacing, edge, decoration, emphasis, and shadow. Does one of these interest you? Then take on one of these simple tasks for that article:
- Basic facts, such as overview table, syntax, and values
- Explanatory text, such as the introduction (summary), usage, and notes
- Examples, with explanations
- Links to tutorials and other materials (either inside WPD or on the wider web), to the relevant specifications, and cross-linking keywords to other reference articles
- Review, including flagging and unflagging
To get started, let one of the coordinators know on our firstname.lastname@example.org email list, or ask for direction on our Freenode #webplatform IRC channel, or even our @webplatform Twitter account. A coordinator will help you get you started.
Our first two weeks were very successful, tackling almost 50 properties! At this rate, with help from you, we will have comprehensive reference articles for all CSS properties in less than 3 months!